ROCK SPOT CLIMBING is currently looking to hire DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND EVENTS for our facilities in Boston and RI.
The Director of Marketing and Events at Rock Spot Climbing will design and implement the marketing plans for each RSC location. The Regional Marketing and Sales Associates report directly to the Director of Marketing, and assist in implementing the marketing plans. The Director of Marketing and Events is also responsible for producing all major competitions and events at any RSC location. We are seeking an outgoing, driven, self-starter with a passion for growing a small to medium sized business as well as the sport of climbing in general. The ideal candidate is organized, customer-service oriented and a creative problem solver. The ability to multi-task and work within a group environment as well as on their own is a must.
Responsibilities will include:
Create and follow marketing plans for all locations, as well as for the company as a whole
Manage annual advertising and marketing budget for all gyms
Oversee branding to ensure consistent messages across all platforms
Manage Regional Marketing and Sales Associates
Work with Programs Managers to promote their events and classes to the Rock Spot community
Seek and nurture partnerships with local businesses and organizations
Work closely with the Media Producer to ensure the marketing plan and consistent branding is being carried through all social media platforms
Direct Media Producer and assign tasks as needed
Plan, organize, and execute large-scale competitions and events such as B3 and black light parties
Advise local managers on smaller events and competitions
Represent Rock Spot Climbing at area events, expos and fairs
Shift supervisor shifts, open/close the facility as needed
Be able to perform all shift supervisor functions
Be able to perform all floor staff functions
Provide input for agenda of manager and operations meetings
Participate in monthly operations meetings and participate in decision making at the corporate level
Other management duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, Communications or similar)
Previous indoor rock climbing and belaying experience
Previous supervisory experience
Previous event management experience desired
Detail oriented and organized
Punctual and reliable
Customer service and sales experience
Outgoing, friendly and engaging personality
Rock Spot Climbing is an indoor rock climbing company with locations in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a high performance organization that attracts ACTIVE, OUTGOING, and FUN, loyal team members. To apply, please complete an application and submit along with a resume to B.email@example.com.
ROCK SPOT CLIMBING
GYM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Gym Manager at Rock Spot Climbing is in charge of the day-to-day operations of the facility, as well as overseeing all managers, shift supervisors and floor staff. The gym manager works alongside the corporate management team under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Shift supervisor responsibilities, open/close the facility.
- Hire, terminate, train, and evaluate managers/shift supervisors/floor staff under the direction of the corporate management team
- Scheduling manager/shift supervisor/floor staff shifts
- Find or provide coverage for employees
- Supervise management team, including scheduling organizing and running supervisor meetings
- Be able to perform all manager/shift supervisor/floor staff functions
- Overseeing accounts receivable for the facility
- Oversee inventory for retail and necessary supplies
- Maintain register drawers to ensure appropriate change is available
- Weekly bank deposits as needed
- Processing and responding to daily reports of gym business
- Management Reports
- Make sure all cleaning/maintenance tasks are done as required
- Review climbing wall maintenance manual and make sure inspections are completed as required
- Report all accident/incidents properly and in a timely manner
- Respond to emergency situations with professionalism
- Other management duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous management experience with employees
- Experience with employee scheduling
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to work nights/weekends
- Ability to enforce rules and regulations
- Ability to handle money
- Ability to communicate effectively with corporate management team
- Punctual and reliable
- Customer service experience
Rock Spot Climbing is an indoor rock climbing company with locations in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a high performance organization that attracts ACTIVE, OUTGOING, and FUN, loyal team members. To apply, please complete our application and submit along with your resume to B.Willsie@rockspotclimbing.com.
Portable Rock Wall Coordinator
Rock Spot Climbing is looking for a motivated individual to manage our portable rock wall for the 2017
season in Rhode Island. The rock wall coordinator is responsible for booking portable events throughout
the state, coordinating with event holders, scheduling and training staff for those events. The rock wall
coordinator will work under the supervision of the owners and the Director of Operations. This is a part
time position with a flexible schedule.
• Seek out opportunities and coordinate inquiries and bookings for the Portable Rock Wall(s).
• Hire, train, and supervise Rock Wall staff and Rock Wall Drivers.
• Schedule events and ensure there is staff availability for upcoming events.
• Schedule staff for events.
• Monitor events and inquiries to determine best use of the Portable Wall(s), including donated
and discounted events.
• Determine cost effectiveness of events versus pay, marketability, advertisement, etc. for RSC
• Create and send invoices, Rock Wall contracts, and other paperwork. Collect, process, and
follow up on payments.
• Coordinate with state inspector(s) to conduct annual inspection of the Rock Wall(s). Ensure all
necessary paperwork is completed and in order for the Wall(s), staff, training, etc.
• Conduct periodic maintenance and upkeep of all the Rock Wall equipment, including the Wall(s),
vehicle(s), ropes, harnesses, and other essential gear.
• Customer service oriented
• Outgoing, engaging and friendly personality
• Some marketing experience
• Flexibility and the ability to deal with stressful situations
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines
• Previous driving and trailer experience
• Previous supervisory / management experience
• Belay certified through RSC
Rock Spot Climbing is an indoor rock climbing company with locations in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a high performance organization that attracts ACTIVE, OUTGOING, and FUN, loyal team members. Please complete our application and submit along with a resume to Nadav at N.Minkin@rockspotclimbing.com.
Socialize with us!
100 Higginson Ave
Lincoln, RI 0286