Rock Spot Climbing Policies
Definition of Family
“Family,” as it refers to Rock Spot Climbing family memberships and punch passes is defined as:
- Immediate family: Parent or legal guardian, child, sibling, spouse/significant other
- And who lives at the same address
- And is billed to the same credit card
Family is defined in relation to the primary account holder only.
Electronic Billing Agreement
- You must have a valid credit/debit card on file with RSC
- You must have a valid phone number and email address on file with RSC.
- The credit/debit card on file will be billed on the 1st of every month.
- Monthly dues will always be the standard rate at your home gym which is assigned based on your actual usage and will be periodically adjusted based on the facility you climb at most
- In the event of a price increase, current members will enjoy a 6 month period of their current rates before increasing to the new rate. RSC will notify all current members of this increase prior to it going into effect.
- There is no cancellation fee and you may cancel at any time. Membership will renew automatically each month until canceled.
- Any changes to your account must be made 2 days prior to the 1st of each month.
- Changes and cancellations may be done online at:
- Any missed payments or declined cards will result in a one-time $5 service charge. We will attempt to charge the account again within 10 days.
- Changes to the membership may only be made by the primary account holder, unless the member is under the age of 18
EBM On Account Feature:
- Electronic Billing members may place up to $50 of goods or service on account per billing cycle.
- Billing for on account purchases is done weekly, the specific day may vary.
- Past due balances must be paid in full before new charges may be added.
- Items may be placed on account at any Rock Spot Climbing location.
- Minors must be given permission from the account holder before they are able to place anything on account.
Please contact your local Gym Manager with any questions or message Questions@RockSpotClimbing.com
All climbers under 14 must be accompanied by someone 17 or older. Climbers 14-16, in addition to the rules and regulations in the waiver, are held to the following regulations.
- The child must demonstrate clear proficiency and consistent behavior.
- The parents must understand the risks involved in allowing the child to be in the gym alone. We recommend parents go through the Orientation with their child before leaving them so that all parties are clear on what is expected to ensure safety.
- The emergency contact on file must be a number where the an adult can be reached while the child is at Rock Spot Climbing. If that is not the case, the child must leave the current number with the front desk when they check in.
- Permission may be revoked at any time at the discretion of any Supervisor. Reasons for revocation include, but are not limited to: failure to follow proper safety procedures, inappropriate language or actions, unsafe behavior, failure to adhere to the rules and safety policies outlined in the waiver.
Belay, Auto Belays, Leading
- Must be 12 to clip yourself or anyone else into an auto belay.
- Must be 14 to belay.
- All belayers must pass a belay test with an RSC employee before belaying on their own in the gym.
- Lead climbers and belayers must pass a test with an RSC employee before belaying or lead climbing in the gym.
- Only climbers currently taking lead classes with RSC may “mock lead” in the gym.
- Only Rock Spot Climbing employees may teach belaying, leading, or charge for technique instruction inside the gym.
Monthly Locker Rental
- Member must be a current Electronic Billing account holder to rent a locker.
- Fee for locker rental will be billed to credit card on file on the 5th along with other membership dues.
- RSC staff will remove the locks on lockers of Members who are more than two months delinquent on membership dues.
- Contents of abandoned lockers will be moved to lost and found for two months and then discarded.
- RSC is not responsible for rented lockers or their contents.
- Members who wish to freeze their account, must clean out their locker and return the lock before freezing. Account holders with frozen memberships may not rent lockers by the month.
Definition of holidays and vacation weeks
Rock Spot issued coupons are NOT valid on the following holidays or school breaks:
- Martin Luther King JR Day
- February school break
- Good Friday
- April school break
- Memorial Day
- CLOSED Independence Day
- Labor Day (All gyms observe holiday hours)
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- CLOSING 9PM Thanksgiving Eve
- CLOSED Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- CLOSING 6PM Christmas Eve
- CLOSED Christmas Day
- December school break
- CLOSING 6PM New Year’s Eve
- OPEN REGULAR HOURS New Year’s Day
Retail returns and exchange policies
Items that are classified as Life Safety Equipment may not be returned or exchanged for any reason with the exception of warranty claims (see below). Examples of life safety equipment include:
- Belay devices
- Crash Pads
Most items purchased in-store (from store inventory), including items transferred from another store, are eligible for return as long as…
- Items are not Life Safety Equipment
- Items were purchased within 30 days of the intended return date
- Items are clean and in new condition
- Items have their original, undamaged packaging
- Proof of purchase
Special Order or Online Purchases
Items purchased online or via special order require approval from the retail team before a refund/exchange can be made. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warranty claims should be sent directly to the manufacturer. Please contact the retail team if you need assistance initiating this process: email@example.com
Prepaid memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. They may be frozen in the case of a documented injury only. If you have questions about your prepaid membership please contact your local gym manager.
Electronic Billing Membership (EBM)
EBM memberships are billed on the 5th of every month. Dues collected on the 5th grant membership until the next billing period. These dues are non-refundable. EBM memberships may be frozen or cancelled via the change request form. Changes must be completed by midnight on the 4th of the month to take effect for the next billing cycle. If you have any questions about your EBM please contact your local gym manager.
Member discounted passes
Rock Spot Climbing members are afforded three (3) discounted passes every calendar month they may share with friends or family to provide a full day of climbing with gear rental included at a rate specific to the location the pass is being used. These climbers MUST be climbing with the member, which means these climbers must check in with the member present at the front desk at the time of check-in. This discounted rate cannot be combined with other offers and passes do NOT carry over into future months. If discounted passes are NOT used by the end of the calendar month, they expire.
End-of-month Pro-rate Policy
Any customer purchasing an Electronic Billing Membership (EBM) sold within 10 days of the billing date will be required to pay for the 1 full month as well as the prorated dues for the remainder of the current billing period.
Single-visit Pass policies
Valid, single-visit passes can be used at any Rock Spot Climbing facility in exchange for a day of climbing with gear rental included. They never expire, but since they are physical cards, we cannot account for them if they are lost or stolen so it is the responsibility of the person purchasing them to keep them safe.
Finally, single-visit cards from a 5 pack cannot be used on the date of purchase or in place of payment for any good or service, including but not limited to group events.
Feinstein Junior Scholars Program
Students participating in the Feinstein Junior Scholars Program may present their card at the front desk of ANY Rock Spot Climbing facility to receive a complimentary day pass with gear rental for themself once per school year. Upon use, the offer will be removed from their card to signify it has been used. This program CANNOT be combined with other offers and in the spirit of the program, may only be used by a family for a day of climbing and may not be used by any organization for a group event. To clarify, the program may not be used as payment for personal group events like birthday parties, scout climbs, merit badge programs, team building events, homeschool, youth programs, camps, summer adventure programs or any outdoor guiding excursions.